Here are six reasons organisations should comply with workplace sexual harassment act, 2013:
- Given the outreach of social and other forms of media a correct implementation of the act in letter and spirit can protect the brand image.
- Safe working environment leads to greater productivity and profitability for organisation.
- Creates a positive environment and reduces anxiety in the workplace.
- Non compliance of the act can result in loss of reputation for top management and massive financial losses for business enterprise. A high profile case involving head of India’s biggest environmental NGO has resulted in massive funding loss to the tune of several hundred crores.
- Non Compliance of the act can result in massive financial losses in form of aggrieved settlements.
- Non Compliance with the act can result in penal actions against organisations ranging from monetary fines of minimum INR 50,000 to even cancellation of business license.